Re: D-Link 604 Router

From: Simon Pleasants (plesbit_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/23/04

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:54:46 +0100

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:43:58 GMT, "Roy" <nobody@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I will continue to use my Win XP Pro SP2 RC2, D-Link 604, Zonealarm Pro,
>Trend Micro PC-Cillin AV, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Pest Patrol, and safe hex.
>Hopefully I can survive! But I know that someone somewhere will come up with
>a way to defeat my system, and I will continue to look for ways and
>equipment to defeat them and achieve piece of mind.

I doubt it. You have to think of it like a burglar. If your system
has open doors, or is very easy access, they'll come in and have a
look around. If your system is tightly secured they'll move on and
look elsewhere.

Sure they MAY be able to crack a way in if they put a massive amount
of effort into it but, no offense, are you really worth it? Only if
they think there's something desperately worth it would they even
bother trying.

Myself and my neighbour have heavily encrypted our wireless networks,
not to mention hardware firewalls, NAT routers, MAC address filtering,
software firewalls, AV software, anti-spyware, sensitive files
encrypted and password protected. Why bother trying to crack open our
wireless networks when there is a third from somewhere else in the
street with no encryption at all?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Need a Full Drive Encryption program
    ... Need a Full Drive Encryption program ... Booting from a linux or other boot disks will defeat most setups, ... Since the BIOS controls the access to the hard drive, upon power-up, the ... > the laptop back to IBM. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Encryption Mac -> Windows
    ... Once it's been opened, with the key, some of the non-Adobe apps ... will let you re-save it without restrictions or encryption. ... But they can't defeat the main ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: How to encrypt a DVD
    ... that this freeware program will defeat any DVD encryption is my entire ... >> defeat your encryption in mere seconds. ... >>> Graham Hughes ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: Encryption Algorithm
    ... Are you planning on having a human enter the key every time? ... then al forms of encryption are trivila to defeat. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: modulo
    ... hacking with binary logic? ... I would think even 256 or 512 bit encryption ... Do you mean binary arithmetic cannot decrypt this algorithm or that it ...
    (comp.programming)