Re: Cisco VPN Client pass-through a Netscreen?

From: Jens Hoffmann (jh_at_bofh.de)
Date: 06/22/04

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:36:43 +0200

Hi,

admin too <nguser2u@no.spam.AOL.com> wrote:
> I have a couple clients vesting a site where they have a small Netscreen
> unit and they will need to tunnel through to our home site using the Cisco
> VPN Client software on their laptop. What should I tell the local admin to
> do? Open which ports and how to config VPN pass-through?

http://5xp.support.netscreen.safeharbor.com/knowbase/root/public/ns1177.htm?

I made the assumption, that the netscreen is in NAT mode ;)
Could be in route mode, than you have to work accordingly.
The netscreen knowledgebase is useful.

Why don't you use a site-to-site VPN with the netscreen acting
as a client against you VPN-concentrator?

Then the local admin has a chance to enforce some policy regarding
the connection to your site and does not need to trust the foreign client.

Greetings,
   Jens

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Deny Interactive Logon but Allow Runas
    ... that occasionally an install can become 'corrupt' and needs re-installing. ... client has version 6 of the software, with fix pack 2, so they need to get ... We've tried virtualisation, running VMware, and giving the users local admin ...
  • Re: sn.exe -Vr assembly
    ... CAS can also be disabled entirely, ... we could go so far as to say that an admin can install a modified ... and only ship to your clients the code that calls the web service. ... if you don't have any way on the client side to validate that the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Newbie question on User Priveleges
    ... The problems on the client are broad: We added an existing a machine (from ... > make the user a local admin on the machine...not a domain admin ... > We've recently stood up SBS2003 in a small and standard configuration. ... > local machine) where the database resides. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Dumb Question Regarding Password & Sessions
    ... Perhaps I should dumb it down so that I don't offend people ... >>> Validation Page - Checks database for User/Password ... >>> 1 Admin LogIN ... >>> 1 Client LogON ...
  • RE: Printer Redirects, But No Output
    ... On local machine, login as Admin. ... > the TS server and client is able to access the printer from applications. ... see Help and Support Center at ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps)