Re: Hardware Firewall Recommendation

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 06/20/04

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:25:37 GMT

In article <67sad0hqceuiik1du96kosv8cnllu8hsis@4ax.com>,
badnews@hansenonline.net says...
> I think Leythos have mentioned on several occasions that the Watchguard
> line of firewalls also uses proxies, at least for http.

Yes, for both HTTP and SMTP. It was the first vendor to provide this
functionality in a box that I know of.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Updating a VB6 across the Internet
    ... Can you host the update download on an HTTP? ... I wrote an update function into the program using FTP calls. ... Many corporate firewalls do not allow users to use FTP. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • [TOOL] ProxyChains, Proxy Chaining Tool (Linking)
    ... HTTP proxies. ... The program supports the following proxies: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: About WCF
    ... using it will flow through firewalls without problems. ... though with HTTP the binary data is usually a representation of text. ... TCP is more generalized (TCP being the network protocol over ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Regarding a protocol decision
    ... > Does that mean that if company had deployed frewalls across, ... Any TCP-based protocol can go across firewalls. ... The t3 protocol, like http, sets up a connection to a port. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: streaming through firewalls
    ... I've read the Firewalls FAQ, but there is no mention of firewalls restricting long-session HTTP responses. ... In addition http downloads can be blocked by mime type. ... media mime types and executable/binary mime types are likely to be blocked at ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)