Re: Hardware Firewall Recommendation

From: Leythos (
Date: 06/20/04

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:25:37 GMT

In article <>, says...
> I think Leythos have mentioned on several occasions that the Watchguard
> line of firewalls also uses proxies, at least for http.

Yes, for both HTTP and SMTP. It was the first vendor to provide this
functionality in a box that I know of.

(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • [TOOL] ProxyChains, Proxy Chaining Tool (Linking)
    ... HTTP proxies. ... The program supports the following proxies: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
  • Re: Updating a VB6 across the Internet
    ... Can you host the update download on an HTTP? ... I wrote an update function into the program using FTP calls. ... Many corporate firewalls do not allow users to use FTP. ...
  • Re: About WCF
    ... using it will flow through firewalls without problems. ... though with HTTP the binary data is usually a representation of text. ... TCP is more generalized (TCP being the network protocol over ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Best way to block incoming connections from open httpproxy servers?
    ... Trying to enumerate the bad IP addresses with open proxies is a loosing ... Their may be some comprehensive lists of proxies out there, ... What's the recommended way to maintain a list of public, open http proxies ...
  • Re: Regarding a protocol decision
    ... > Does that mean that if company had deployed frewalls across, ... Any TCP-based protocol can go across firewalls. ... The t3 protocol, like http, sets up a connection to a port. ...