Re: Kerio [2.1.5] Error "Rule Set Full"

From: \ (dvader_at_deathstar.mil)
Date: 06/18/04

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:31:51 -0400

>Hi Crash. My firewall is Sygate. But in the past I read so much about
>Kerio 215 that I decided to try it and learn something about it.
>My understanding was that everyting is blocked by default and you must
>allow anything in or out. Is this incorrect?

It depends. There are three security policies, "Deny Unknown," "Ask Me First,"
and "Allow Unknown." If you select the Deny Unknown policy, then everything is
blocked by default unless you have a rule to allow it.

The policy is selected with a slide switch that you will see when you first open
Firewall Administration. This page shows snapshots of the three policies. Read
the descriptions. I'm big on snapshots so I don't have to explain everything.
:-)
http://lists.gpick.com/crashsite/tips/kerio/keriomodes.htm

The "Advanced" button will take you to the rule list, where you can create and
edit specific rules.

crash@gpick.com?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
http://lists.gpick.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ActiveSync 4.1 causes BSOD on XP !?
    ... BSOD are happens when there is a crash in the kernel. ... mode TCP stack and wouldn't cause a BSOD. ... Does the PC crash if the Firewall is uninstalled?? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: kernel panic [linux 2.2.19-7] on UDP scan CP4.1-SP5
    ... Checkpoint does crash when being portscanned. ... Quite simply, when a firewall, has too many entries in the state ... CONFIDENTIALITY: ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • RE: kernel panic [linux 2.2.19-7] on UDP scan CP4.1-SP5
    ... > Checkpoint does crash when being portscanned. ... > synchronising the state table with another firewall for the purposes ... Linux FW crashes -immediately- before it has the opportunity to log a udp ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: sysinstall, GJOURNAL and ZFS
    ... actually snapshots doesn't work on large partitions - could simply crash. ... that's why i wrote that UFS has practically no bugs, ... FreeBSD really doesn't crash every day, so what a problem to just do fsck at start and wait a bit. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: sysinstall, GJOURNAL and ZFS
    ... actually snapshots doesn't work on large partitions - could simply crash. ... that's why i wrote that UFS has practically no bugs, ... FreeBSD really doesn't crash every day, so what a problem to just do fsck at start and wait a bit. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)