Zonealarm and localhost

From: Wim Roffal (wimroffelplease_at_nospamm-planet.nl)
Date: 06/17/04

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:28:23 +0200

Since the recent "'performance updates" from Zonealarm I have a big problem.

I use my computer to build some website and for that I have some time
consuming PHP procedures that access my local database and filesystem a lot.
With the old version of Zonealarm these procedures took a few minutes, but
with the new "performance improved" version of Zonealarm it takes more than
half an hour. I am more or less forced to switch Zonealarm off while doing
this work.

Is there anything I can do to make my computer faster again.

Thanks,

Wim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Zonealarm and localhost
    ... > I use my computer to build some website and for that I have some time ... > consuming PHP procedures that access my local database and filesystem ... With the old version of Zonealarm these procedures took a few ... I take it you have an NT-based O/S with Web Services running with a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Zonealarm and localhost
    ... just a Windows ME machine with Apache on an ADSL connection. ... >> I use my computer to build some website and for that I have some time ... >> consuming PHP procedures that access my local database and filesystem ... With the old version of Zonealarm these procedures took a few ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Problem with ICS
    ... Absolutely right Steve, ZoneAlarm free version does NOT support ICS, ... Connects to Internet via wireless router to broadband DSL connection. ... IE just waits forever to connect to a website directly. ...
  • Re: ZoneLabs Privacy Insertion - What Is It?
    ... When I look at the source code for the page, ... ZoneAlarm completely off. ... If you want to take a look at the website, ... If you have one site that needs privacy turned off, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: DNS Program?
    ... Can you please in a cmd prompt on a machine that cannot access the website ... Where is your DNS hosted? ... configuration problem with ZoneAlarm, don't you think? ... Before installing ZoneAlarm, IIS5 works fine ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)