Re: The best firewall is?

From: Donald McDaniel (orthocrossNOSPAMPLEASE_at_cablespeed.com)
Date: 06/16/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:55:26 -0700

"SysAdm" <willgeeza@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:a23233af.0406151621.41f83421@posting.google.com
> "Donald McDaniel" <orthocrossNOSPAMPLEASE@cablespeed.com> made me
> spit my tea out when he wrote in message
>> "Jeffrey Schwartz" <onlyjunkmail@email.com> wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 17:44:25 -0700, "Donald McDaniel"
>>> <orthocrossNOSPAMPLEASE@cablespeed.com> wrote:
>>>

>> NO, I am saying that what you think is FREE (as in "free software")
>> is not free. I say that someone somewhere down the line PAYS for
>> it. If not you, then the ones who created it, or the ones who
>> distribute it. I am encouraging people to PURCHASE their firewall.
>> If they do, they will get a BETTER product, and the ones who created
>> it will be able to feed their children and pay their bills.
> <SNIP>
>
> So Don, could you enlighten us all as to the purpose of OpenSource ?
>
> Are you saying that if I choose to run IPTables instead of some paid
> for FW that somehow I am a bad person ?
>
> I'd love to know.
>
> SysAdm

NO, I am saying that if you choose to pay for your software, you are not a
stupid or bad person, as some in this thread would have you believe.

For some reason or another, many users have decided that so-called "free"
software is more to be desired than software you pay for. This is why so
many millions of people use P2P networks to download "free" software. I
submit that the REAL reason they download so-called "free" software is
because they are GREEDY.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Post all replies to the Newsgroup,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Copying CDs and DVDs to be made legal.
    ... delete the torrent the moment that their download is complete. ... They still will do when the movie reaches TV wont they? ... They don't pay for those who aren't going to watch but will obtain the movie in some other way they choose, nor can those who do that claim it's OK because they've already paid someone else. ... people went out to the cinema to see it. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Copying CDs and DVDs to be made legal.
    ... might well have been willing to pay full price for. ... So perhaps the industry ought to start offering their downloads at a price people are prepared to pay? ... I'd quite like a Kindle - but so long as e-books are being offered for download at the same price as the hard-copy equivalent, ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Copying CDs and DVDs to be made legal.
    ... paying the price they are asking so I'll do without. ... well have been willing to pay full price for. ... When I discovered that the car had been ... completely unrelated to the reason why people download. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Copying CDs and DVDs to be made legal.
    ... might well have been willing to pay full price for. ... I'm glad we've established that because potential earnings are what the copyright owner has also lost whenever a free download is made. ... An album may be of interest to a person, ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Digital Economy Bill - c.21:15 tonight
    ... Particularly with movies. ... Do kids download Mantovani on that basis? ... Why don't they just go without as they would with any other goods they are not prepared to pay for? ... out and buying them. ...
    (uk.legal)