Re: My firewall intercepts probes from ARPA

From: Stan Hilliard (usenetreplyUM_at_samplingplansNOTSPAM.com)
Date: 06/12/04

Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:00:46 -0500

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:45:17 -0700, Nemo S. <Nemo@Nemo.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:10:37 -0500, Stan Hilliard
><usenetreplyUM@samplingplansNOTSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>What would be the purpose of someone looking up the DNS of the
>>temporary IP of my dialup connection?
>

>where have you been surfing, or someone else with that set of IP
>addressess ...

I do many searches for information, including the news. So I don't
keep track of where I surf.

Could I be that I am being spyed on for visiting such places as
aljazeera.com.

Or the now-disabled site that original posted the pictures of the
torture of prisoners at Abu Graeb prison in Iraq?

>it could be someone has done a probe into a sensitive area and set off
>a security robot, is your system a Zombie ...
>~Nemo~

I dont think so, but I don't know what a Zombie is. I have just an
ordinary PC that I connect with 56K dialup,. Otherwise, I use it for
software development.

Stan Hilliard

Relevant Pages

  • Re: My firewall intercepts probes from ARPA
    ... >temporary IP of my dialup connection? ... where have you been surfing, or someone else with that set of IP ... addressess ... ... is your system a Zombie ... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • V92
    ... Is my ISP BSing me? ... They say that with their service a dialup connection and ... talk on the phone while surfing the net if using a V92. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)