Re: Computer running slowly after McAfee installation?

From: Alan Illeman (illemann_at_surfbest.net)
Date: 06/09/04

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 06:50:43 -0400

"Chris MacNeil" <cmacneil@egroup.ca> wrote in message
news:63bd62f8.0406080338.7d5a78e7@posting.google.com...
> I installed McAfee anti virus and firewall on my PC yesterday (version
> 2003).
>
> I note that my PC seems to be running significantly more slowly than
> in the recent past. Any ideas why and how I can correct this?
>
> Chris

Can't speak for McAfee, but here I only have the firewall running
when I'm connected to my ISP (no local network). As to the anti-
virus software, I only run it at the end of the day (when I'm no
longer connected, of course). Do certain apps run slower or is
it the whole system?

Relevant Pages

  • Computer running slowly after McAfee installation?
    ... I installed McAfee anti virus and firewall on my PC yesterday (version ... Chris ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • slow performance of pc
    ... hi there i recently installed mcafee anti virus scan and mcafee personal ... firewall on my pc the problem i am having now is when i switch on my pc and ...
  • Re: Outlook Express & SP2
    ... I downloaded SP2 yesterday and said no to ... >> Windows Firewall in SP2. ... Now, Outlook Express won't ...
  • Re: Outlook Express & SP2
    ... Jim wrote: ... > Windows Firewall in SP2. ... Now, Outlook Express won't send ...
  • Outlook Express & SP2
    ... I am running XP Home Edition with McAfee Anti Virus and ... I downloaded SP2 yesterday and said no to using ... Windows Firewall in SP2. ... Now, Outlook Express won't send ...