Re: any firewall that passes norton's test?

From: Demure Guise (no_at_reply.please.co.uk)
Date: 06/08/04

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:34:49 +0100

> My ZoneAlarm Free version passes just fine, in fact since I don't browse
> with javascript enabled, the Symantec test tucks its tail and refuses to
> even run. ;-)

If the JavaScript is disabled then why do you say your ZoneAlarm has passed.
Without the JavaScript the test can't complete the entire cycle.

Btw hackers don't need JavaScript to hack a machine

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FAQ Topic - How can I see in javascript if a web browser accepts cookies? (2009-12-2
    ... even if you can assign it a string, it does not need to yield "string" ... I haven't tried ZoneAlarm, so I can't say. ... HTML, of which we assume that it is implemented by the object referred to ... Prototype.js was written by people who don't know javascript for people ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Java
    ... > Javascript mehr öffnen. ... Falls ZoneAlarm installiert, prüfe AD-Blocking von ZoneAlarm. ... Falls Webwasher installiert, diesen deaktivieren. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6)
  • Re: IE wont run JS....
    ... with JavaScript on it IE refuses to run the JavaScript and the weird thing is, the JS will run fine if the page is ONLINE but if this html page is on my computer locally I get the yellow bar on top of the browser saying browser won't run Active-X control... ... IE uses different zones (internet zone, local intranet zone) and if you go to Tools-> Internet Options-> Security, then you'll find where the options are for whether or not script is allowed to run locally. ... I switched to "local intranet" and set security to LOW but it's still doing the same thing (why does it say it refuses to run "Active-X"????? ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • IE wont run JS....
    ... whenever I load a pg with JavaScript on it IE refuses to run the JavaScript and the weird thing is, the JS will run fine if the page is ONLINE but if this html page is on my computer locally I get the yellow bar on top of the browser saying browser won't run Active-X control... ... (I don't have any Active-X on this page.. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)