Re: Sygate Security Agent and Local Network

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 06/08/04

Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:48:59 GMT

"Karl Shaw" <karlshaw4@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:lplxc.115$VD2.7@newsfe3-win.server.ntli.net:

> Hi,
>
> I have 3 computers (1 desktop, 2 laptops.) connected to a Linksys
> WRT54G Router.
>
> 1 Desktop has Norton Personal Firewall (v.2003)
> 1 Laptop has Sygate Personal Firewall (v.5.5 build 2525)
> 1 Laptop has Sygate Security Agent (v.3.5)
>
> The SSA protected computer will not allow access to it from other
> computers on the Network unless it is disabled. On the computer with
> SPF, I can go into Tools - Options - Network Neighborhood and allow
> access to it. On the SSA computer, there is no "Options" tab on the
> Tools menu. So my question is, how can I allow access to it from the
> Network, without having to disable it and expose it to the online
> world?

What on-line world are you talking about?

1) The machines are behind a NAT router and they're not exposed to the
on-line world.

2) You're talking about your LAN behind the router and you don't trust
none of the machines on the LAN.

3) Maybe, you're talking about the wireless.

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • RE: wirless connection security issues
    ... wrt54gl only has a single port for the incoming network. ... I would set up the router to use the Class C private IP range ... for your machines. ... Subject: wirless connection security issues ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Loss of Connectivity on Only One PC on a LAN
    ... When you ran the Network Setup Wizard, ... The original setup of the LAN was done entirely by the user of the other PC on that LAN in July. ... I use a LAN connection which consists of two PCs each connected to a Linksys BEFSR 41 Router. ...
  • Re: I cant understand Windows Explorer
    ... 'Network Places' either. ... machines that are turned off. ... duration from the router. ... we have four computers in one room and six in the other. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: VPN over wireless
    ... You will still the need the Router to issue DHCP and wireless ... network but still access to the internet. ... LAN Router Wireless Router ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VPN over wireless
    ... I also 'haunted' the MS wireless newsgroup with this issue. ... You will still the need the Router to issue DHCP and ... wireless to the Guest network. ... LAN Router Wireless Router ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)