Re: Kerio Personal Firewall 4 * Internet Connection Sharing

From: Tx2 (tx2newscollection-invalid-_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/05/04

Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 15:15:37 +0100

In article <l2h3c0t4n97hbrfqlkdihabsllgf11ov98@4ax.com>,
keith@xenopus.co.uk, a.k.a says...

[...]

> I installed Kerio PF onto the laptop and all was well.
> I then attempted to install Kerio PF onto the PC with the ICS.
> I set the Enable Gateway mode on this PC.
> Now none of the other PCs on the network can access the Internet.
> The PC with the modem can access the internet OK.
> All PCs can see the shared files across the network.
> I tried disabling the firewall without any change.
> I closed the Firewall engine without any change either.
>
> The only way I could get access was by un-installing the firewall.
>
> Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I've missed it
> doesn't make any sense to me.

AIUI, Kerio PF free edition does not support ICS.
There is something in the manual relating to this i'm sure ....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What is alg.exe?
    ... McAfee Firewall, not the XP firewall. ... I don't know if I'm using ICS or not. ... > required if you use a 3rd party firewall or Internet Connection Sharing ... Perhaps try a spyware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ADSL + Firewall + hub requirement
    ... needed to share an internet connection. ... Tiny and Kerio both do work with ICS however. ... either pooches the LAN or pooches the internet connection... ... party firewall installed, then add the firewall when you know the LAN and ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • TCP/IP wont renew to routers addy
    ... I don't have ICS (assuming that's internet connection ... internet direct without the router. ... ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) which I turned off. ... What is ICS? ...
  • Re: firewall(ICF) problem ! I vote for LINUX !!
    ... Forget about XP and ICS. ... easy target to compromize on the Internet, ... about $40-50, you can buy a pretty descent firewall appliance (Netgear, ... >>to purchase this Windows XP worthless system. ...
  • Re: Host of networking problems ...
    ... And I know that you say you have disabled firewalls on both computers, ... The nVidia nForce is a hardware firewall on the NIC or motherboard! ... how do I even know if ICS ...