Re: Best Free Firewall??

From: Casey (casey_at_nosuch.net)
Date: 06/04/04

Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:48:38 GMT

In article <ovnub093h6tqi4trrvjq94k3iitanl3ein@4ax.com>, manthonyferrante@yahoo.com says...
> Are there any free Firewalls that are than Zone Alarm? If so, their
> names please?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Ferrante

Yes, as previously stated above.
Sygate (v5.5 free or pro): Very Excellent
Kerio (v2.1.5 free): Good

This will help you find your way around in Sygate:

Unofficial Help:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/i/k/ikpe/SygateBasics.html
(This site has two parts: Sygate Basics and Sygate Basics
Part 2. Click on the button to toggle between the two)

Sygate Forums:
http://forums.sygate.com/vb/

Users Guide and Quick Start Guide:
http://smb.sygate.com/support/documents/pspf/default.htm

Compare SPF Pro and SPF (See what's inside each one)
http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/comparison_spf.htm

d/l
http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php
http://www.tucows.com/preview/213160.html

Regards, Casey

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What does a firewall do?
    ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Are these products (Sygate Personal ... > Firewall Pro & Sygate Personal Firewall) very expensive? ... > Security Policy Customization sounds good, but, in practice, who's going to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Whats the best to use?
    ... Internet security is one thing I wish to ... Sygate, it will take some learning about ports, protocols, ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Compare SPF Pro and SPF Free ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Sygate
    ... > access to an FTP server other than 2 ip addresses ... > with Sygate Personal firewall. ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Compare SPF Pro and SPF Free ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: New Firewall
    ... >> I have tried a dusin af firewalls and I found out, that Kerio perform very ... Here is the story on Sygate: ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Compare SPF Pro and SPF ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: firewall advice
    ... Sygate has the features I'm looking for in their free addition. ... Sygate Basics and Sygate Basics ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Compare SPF Pro and SPF ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)