Re: ZoneAlarm - Latest Release - Lots of Problems

From: benwood (benwood_at_blackhole.org)
Date: 06/04/04

Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:49:57 -0700

I also rolled back to 4.5.594 and got everything to work. I think
everything in the new ZA worked except it blocked my web server with any
setting except opening up Internet & Local zone completely, and even
then it didn't always work. 2nd time I've had to roll back the upgrade
from them.

benwood wrote:

> Nobody You Need To Know wrote:
>
>> The latest iteration (5) of Zone Alarm is rife with problems. Best
>> stay away from it until Zone Labs can get it properly fixed.
>

> Wish I'd checked here first :-) .... really screwed up my web server
> (IIS) with no feedback whatsoever. Will reinstall the prior version I
> was using and wait until the dust settles.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DNS
    ... machine I had my web server running. ... What is possible - updating using scripts, or running BIND on ... You should be able to set up a zone update thing for your customers, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: DNS
    ... machine I had my web server running. ... What is possible - updating using scripts, or running BIND on ... You should be able to set up a zone update thing for your customers, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: DNS lookup?
    ... in below post it is"'right click on zone evolvenetwork.com" ... ... the primary zone for the domain". ... > Many use a simpler solution of instead creating delegation as above they ... > change the IP address of the web server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Additional DNS Record for Web Server
    ... to our web server: ... Right click the zone name, new Host record, leave the hostname box blank, type in the IP, click OK. ... Now, there is one problem with this - if the zone is your actual internal Active Directory domain zone, this will not work and requires a creative solution that I can provide with a full explanation. ... Microsoft Certified Trainer ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Cannot access internal website
    ... then you already have a DNS zone for your Active ... directory domain - evidently, ... On the SBS machine open the DNS console and create a new Standard Primary ... "You say you cannot connect to the public IP address of a web server from ...