Re: Programs accessing crl.verisign.com

From: observer (observer.1757tz_at_mail.webservertalk.com)
Date: 06/01/04

Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:20:01 GMT

I believe that it is not the actual programs such as Process Explorer
trying to connect to verisign, but is in fact Windows Explorer itself.
On my system, even right-clicking folders that have not been previously
right-click triggers a connect attempt, and my firewall identifies the
culprit as Windows Explorer.

I do not accept that ignoring disguised connects is ever okay,
especially if the theoretical purpose is protection of the user. With
MS plan to implement a monthly rental model for all software (admitted
to by Gates), any unacknowledged connects represent a potential stone
in the foundation of the plan.

I will not quietly help them build the infrastructure used to
"technologically enslave" me.

--
observer

  • Re: Explorer Vaporization
    ... > system and was copying it from a slow SAN drive to a ... i.e. Windows Explorer was not even able ... The OS was probably still writing the file. ... tool like process explorer to check which process has a ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Explorer Vaporization
    ... i.e. there were no locks on it. ... >> system and was copying it from a slow SAN drive to a ... i.e. Windows Explorer was not even able ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: big iis/asp upload problem
    ... download a program called Process Explorer. ... > through Windows Explorer. ... > contents first and then deleting the folder works as well. ...
  • Re: High CPU usage in explorer.exe / ntdll.dll
    ... Go to Start, Control Panel, Folder Options, View, Advanced Settings and ... Now using Windows Explorer search for "ntdll.exe". ... Process Explorer shows that ntdll is the thread responsible; ... view the stack for ntdll, the machine hung ...
  • Re: Programs accessing crl.verisign.com
    ... >hmm, i just started process explorer to look for that version number. ... >opens and then a kerio popup: ... I have noticed many programs trying to access the verisign site so I ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)