Re: Programs accessing crl.verisign.com

From: observer (observer.1757tz_at_mail.webservertalk.com)
Date: 06/01/04

Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:20:01 GMT

I believe that it is not the actual programs such as Process Explorer
trying to connect to verisign, but is in fact Windows Explorer itself.
On my system, even right-clicking folders that have not been previously
right-click triggers a connect attempt, and my firewall identifies the
culprit as Windows Explorer.

I do not accept that ignoring disguised connects is ever okay,
especially if the theoretical purpose is protection of the user. With
MS plan to implement a monthly rental model for all software (admitted
to by Gates), any unacknowledged connects represent a potential stone
in the foundation of the plan.

I will not quietly help them build the infrastructure used to
"technologically enslave" me.

--
observer