Re: Problem with Kerio - please help!

From: Alan Illeman (illemann_at_surfbest.net)
Date: 05/26/04

    Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 20:24:33 -0400

    "Skywise" <into@oblivion.nothing.com> wrote in message
    news:_iPsc.10340$be.9631@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    > "Alan Illeman" <illemann@surfbest.net> wrote in
    >
    > <Snipola>
    > > This firewall is still being tweaked, but I haven't had any viruses in 4
    > > weeks.
    > <Snipola>
    >
    > For some reason I'm having difficulty with this statement. 4 weeks?
    > I've been internetting for about 8+ years and I have had a firewall
    > less than half that time.
    >
    > In all that time I've only been infected once, about two months ago.
    > It was my own fault though. I connected to the net with an out of the
    > box win2k system with no firewall. But it was no big deal as it was
    > a test setup and I was planning on reformatting anyway.
    >
    > Perhaps I'm just lucky.

    Maybe. I've been using Win95 since its inception without a firewall
    until March of this year - and never had a virus. A newer machine,
    newer software, and voila - all manner of problems. Prior to March
    I didn't really know what a firewall was!

    Alan

    • Re: false portscan alarm
      ... What is the reason of that treffic? ... and the browser and/or the "personal firewall" had decided to close those ... which each have a local source port above 1024 opened outgoing to port 80 ... I've had a dig through my own PIX logs, and while there is nothing for today ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: OT: disabling APIs to prevent keystroke logging
      ... they have taken to heart some of the advice offered here. ... as I've got good reason to say it.) ... Being concerned about security is never stupid, ... I'm not a huge fan of firewall software that does application level ...
      (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
    • Re: ZoneAlarm Pro vs Outpost Pro?
      ... This is not the reason, ... > First there is a difference between opinions and facts. ... I see no reason why the Windows firewall shouldn't be called a real ... Most of us here are aware of how personal firewall outbound control can be ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Googles usenet down AGAIN?
      ... If they've blocked port 119, presumably it's for a reason. ... So, if something is being violated, it isn't a firewall policy as such. ... usenet newsgroups" vibe from blocking everything-but-80. ...
      (rec.arts.sf.written)
    • Re: dns on firewall
      ... > The reason for worrying about the firewall itself being compromised, ... > that it becomes easier to use your network for outbound attacks, ... DMZ servers or using different root passwords on your systems it should ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)