Re: Exchange Server 2000, Barracuda Spam Filter and Cisco Pix506

From: dbeaulieu (cyberstitious_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/19/04

Date: 19 May 2004 07:53:46 -0700

The Cisco Pix 506 firewall is statically routed to an outside address
which is translated to an inside address of 192.168.0.11 which is the
old exchange IP before we installed the Barracuda. The Barracuda now
has the Exchange Servers former IP. It is veery asimple and
straightforward. The Exchange server is on IP address 192.168.0.12.
The Barracuda filters only on port 25 ignoring all other ports. It
forwards legitimate email to the Exchange server, blocking the spam.

What I need to do is forward the other ports, 80 and 110 in particular
around the Barracuda Spam Filter directly to the Exchange Server. so
far, everything I have read says I MUST upgrade the firewall software
to version 6.2 (or better.) This includes purchasing a Cisco service
contract for a device that has reached the end of its life cycle and
will no longer be supported.

I think it is a bunch of bullsh*t that you should have to pay for a
software upgrade in the first place. Software upgrades should be free
if you own the product. It seem to me to be EXTORTION and a result of
GREED in its worse sense.