Re: Exchange Server 2000, Barracuda Spam Filter and Cisco Pix506

From: Lars M. Hansen (badnews_at_hansenonline.net)
Date: 05/18/04

Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 07:24:28 -0400

On 17 May 2004 19:37:10 -0700, dbeaulieu spoketh

>Does anyone know if you can do port forwarding on a PIX 506 with v
>5.1?
>
>Is it totally necessary to upgrade the Cisco PIX 506 software?
>
>We have an Exchange server behind a Barracuda spam filter which is
>behind a Cisco PIX 506.
>
>Since the Barracuda only filters on port 25, all other traffic
>including our pop3 service is being blocked. Needless to say, users
>outside of our network can no longer access their email.
>
>I need to re-route some ports around the Barrracuda.
>
>I have contacted Barracuda Networks, but have yet to receive a reply.
>Up until now, for the most part they have been very responsive and
>quick to reply. I am still hoping to hear back from them.
>
>Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Any neccesary
>information about the current configuration of the Cisco PIX 506 can
>also be supplied if needed.
>

>Thanx,
>Don

How do you forward port 25 from the pix to the barracuda?

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

  • Barracuda Spam Filter and PIX 506
    ... Does anyone know if you can do port forwarding on a PIX 506 with v ... Is it totally necessary to upgrade the Cisco PIX 506 software? ... We have an Exchange server behind a Barracuda spam filter which is ... I have contacted Barracuda Networks, but have yet to receive a reply. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Barracuda Spam Filter and PIX 506
    ... Does anyone know if you can do port forwarding on a PIX 506 with v ... Is it totally necessary to upgrade the Cisco PIX 506 software? ... We have an Exchange server behind a Barracuda spam filter which is ... I have contacted Barracuda Networks, but have yet to receive a reply. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Exchange Server 2000, Barracuda Spam Filter and Cisco Pix506
    ... Does anyone know if you can do port forwarding on a PIX 506 with v ... Is it totally necessary to upgrade the Cisco PIX 506 software? ... We have an Exchange server behind a Barracuda spam filter which is ... I have contacted Barracuda Networks, but have yet to receive a reply. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Is this question unanswerable?
    ... Does anyone know if you can do port forwarding on a PIX 506 with v ... Is it totally necessary to upgrade the Cisco PIX 506 software? ... We have an Exchange server behind a Barracuda spam filter which is ... I have contacted Barracuda Networks, but have yet to receive a reply. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Cisco PIX 506 v. 5.1 and port forwarding