Barracuda Spam Filter and PIX 506

From: dbeaulieu (cyberstitious_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/16/04

Date: 16 May 2004 06:16:42 -0700

Does anyone know if you can do port forwarding on a PIX 506 with v
5.1?

Is it totally necessary to upgrade the Cisco PIX 506 software?

We have an Exchange server behind a Barracuda spam filter which is
behind a Cisco PIX 506.

Since the Barracuda only filters on port 25, all other traffic
including our pop3 service is being blocked. Needless to say, users
outside of our network can no longer access their email.

I need to re-route some ports around the Barrracuda.

I have contacted Barracuda Networks, but have yet to receive a reply.
Up until now, for the most part they have been very responsive and
quick to reply. I am still hoping to hear back from them.

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Any neccesary
information about the current configuration of the Cisco PIX 506 can
also be supplied if needed.

Thanx,
Don

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exchange Server 2000, Barracuda Spam Filter and Cisco Pix506
    ... >Is it totally necessary to upgrade the Cisco PIX 506 software? ... >We have an Exchange server behind a Barracuda spam filter which is ... How do you forward port 25 from the pix to the barracuda? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Slowing attackes on IIS
    ... Even with a Cisco PIX 525 I ... I have a website and port 80 is open on ... This is something an attacker could use against me in attack ... I changed the IIS header ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Syslog montioring and usage.
    ... Your Cisco PIX docu set contains a PDF file entitled, "Cisco PIX Firewall ... On tracking down port scans, you may want to look at SnortSam and its PIX ... Activity Monitor, wherein dynamic firewall rules may be ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Barracuda Spam Filter and PIX 506
    ... Does anyone know if you can do port forwarding on a PIX 506 with v ... Is it totally necessary to upgrade the Cisco PIX 506 software? ... We have an Exchange server behind a Barracuda spam filter which is ... I have contacted Barracuda Networks, but have yet to receive a reply. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)