Re: Norton Personal Firewall 2004

From: Gremlin (Gremlin.15t11r_at_mail.webservertalk.com)
Date: 05/06/04

Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 17:25:46 -0500

FTP-lover wrote:
> *Hi,
>
> It is rather difficult how to find out to open a port in NPF 2004!
> I want port 37777 open for my FTP-server.
>
> No problem to fix that in ZA. Is there anybody who can tell me step
> by
> step how to create such a rule please.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Wim *

Hello,

The Symantec.com support page has a good KB article on this.
Search document ID #2003022714315536.

Gremlin

--
Gremlin

  • Norton Personal Firewall 2004
    ... It is rather difficult how to find out to open a port in NPF 2004! ... I want port 37777 open for my FTP-server. ... No problem to fix that in ZA. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=DCber_Internet_auf_einen_Computer_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?in_einem_Net
    ... Damit sagst du dem Router, ... Port 21 (FTP-Server) durchgereicht werden an einen fest eingestellten Rechner. ... Ein reines Portforwarding ermöglicht quasi jedem, zumindest bis zu deinem FTP-Server zu kommen. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.networking)
  • Re: OpenBSD3.3 FTP-Server
    ... but after connecting to ftp he cannot list ... > Are there other changes to make on ftp-server an where can i configure ... I already had the first rule in place, but as I read ftpd runs as passive by ... pass in on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port 21 keep state ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm -- Alert for "Run a DLL"
    ... NPF does with mine. ... > port 80, but not netbus. ... Norton Personal Firewall does. ... > normal computer user. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm -- Alert for "Run a DLL"
    ... Doesn't your firewall tell you what port it's trying to use and what site ... NPF does with mine. ... Norton Personal Firewall does. ... because usually it's beyond the understanding of the normal computer user. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)