Re: zonealarm question

From: Jon (jonny_at_nospam.hotmail.com)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 11:16:25 GMT

That was my concern. I have installed klite instead. I am not sure whether
that is more secure. I have not been able to connect to Klite as yet - as I
stated earlier, I think zonealarm is preventing access.

Would a router with inbuilt adsl modem prevent any potential hackers into my
computer via the P2P software?

What is IPSec, and how would this prevent problems? Can this be used in
conjunction with zonealarm? Is it a piece of software that is easy to
install?

Thanks in advance

"Duane Arnold" <notme@notme.com> wrote in message

> "Jon" <jonny26678@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Have installed zonealarm pro 4.5 on two computers. Both computers are
> > networked via a hub. I have ADSL connected onto one computer and have
use
> > windows XP networking to share this internet connection to the client
> > computer (also running XP). Both computers see each other fine. Internet
> > sharing is working fine as well.
> >
> > Have just installed kazaaa on the client computer. However, it will not
> > connect. I have followed the instructions by allowing incoming and
> outgoing
> > UDP and TCP ports, port 1214 on both the main computer and the client
> > computer. Still no luck.
> >
> > Suggestions most welcome
>
> I suggest that you implement IPsec to better secure the machines on the
ICS
> LAN setup behind ZA.
>
> http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/articles/ipsec.htm
>
> Since you're messing around with the P2P's, something can easily takeout
ZA.

> Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: migrating from Win2K to XP?
    ... > secure since not too many users are out there and perhaps not too many ... magically install themselves on anyone's computer. ... reliable and up-to-date antivirus software, ... Multibooting with Windows 2000 and Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Administrative Image
    ... I ran across an exe file in the solidworks directory of the client computers ... look at the ADMIN image for update everytime before launching solidworks. ... > file with the hope that it would patch their install. ... >> upgraded to the same SP as the image as long as the client computer was ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)
  • Re: XP Home - IE - AOL - Security settings
    ... replaces the page from which we invoke the secure session. ... don't think that the server on the other end is isn't even touched. ... Tools - Internet Opt - cleared cookies, ... Doesn't install any ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: Sync, Certificate and Verizon 6700
    ... Once on client computer I installed it into Internet Explorer - then ... I opened a IR connection between the client computer and the VZW 6700 ... Double-clicking on this exported from IE file, allowed it to install. ... copying over the server cert first without the IE steps did not work. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Firewall - Limit Geographic Area
    ... A lot of people have a lot of good advice about security, ... times more secure than a Microsoft Windows machine can be). ... Redhat is conservative about what they release ... need to install Flash or other web plugins. ...
    (RedHat)