Cisco PIX-515E MTBF?

From: mike reed (logic_engines_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: 3 May 2004 01:03:02 -0700

Hi,

Does anyone have MTBF info for the Cisco PIX515E firewall? I'm trying
to do the availability calc for a proposed network, and haven't found
these figures anywhere.

The only PIX5xx stats I've seen are for the PIX-525 (414,600 hours)
and the PIX-520 (~60,000 hours). Any help appreciated.

thanks
miker

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco 2811 vs. ASA 55xx
    ... Cisco ASA units are the replacements/upgrades for the PIX. ... "Is the lack of flexibility of the ASA justified by the higher performance? ... I'm not real sure what you're trying to do security-wise with a Cisco router that a Cisco firewall appliance cannot do. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Firewall Hardware and a bit of a Rant
    ... I need advice on which hardware firewall to purchase for a client with 20 users. ... I'm fairly new to SBS and have installed 3 servers. ... Watchguard seem to think they are Cisco and don't have to provide support to smaller IT guys because they are so powerful etc.. ... If my client didn't need web filtering, I'd bang a PIX in and use the Cisco VPN Client for remote access with local database XAuth to provide double authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Network IDS
    ... I'd say running the same OS for your firewall as your desktop machines ... Subject: Network IDS ... I'm using cisco products: Cisco Secure PIX firewall and Cisco Secure ... > Currently I have been looking at the Symantec Gateway Device. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Cisco PIX 515E vs. Fortinet Fortigate-300
    ... Firewall Evaluation ... Cisco PIX 515E vs. Fortinet Fortigate-300 ... Fortigate firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ISA and Separating Networks
    ... > You need the switch to connect all the "outsides" together to the inside ... > of the cisco router. ... > firewall and SBS) will be using a private IP range, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)