Re: Symantec Enterprise FW > 2 web servers in DMZ

From: Lars M. Hansen (badnews_at_hansenonline.net)
Date: 04/30/04

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:12:28 -0400

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:10:58 +0200, Morten spoketh

>We have a Symantec Enterprise Firewall 7.0.4 installed and need to route
>external traffic to two web servers in DMZ. With one server this has been no
>problem, but I can't figure out how to get the second going... I've searched
>all over the net...
>
>Can I do this by looking for different host headers? How? Do I have to use
>two external IP addresses? How?
>

>Thanks,
>Morten

You'll need to do two different external IP addresses. SEF can't use
host headers for this.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

  • Re: SSL re-directing webpages
    ... > We do host our own web servers. ... >> Do you use host headers. ... >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ...
  • Re: Securing web site with redundancy ?
    ... > firewalls, but with web servers. ... > pix firewall between the dmz and Internet. ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Securing web site with redundancy ?
    ... > firewalls, but with web servers. ... > We would have 2 Windozes in a DMZ with IIS as the web server, ... > pix firewall between the dmz and Internet. ... Managed Services ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • iptables port forwarding NO GO !
    ... Strangely neither port forwarding or ip forwarding works for my Web servers ... is it compulsary to have an internal DNS in the DMZ ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: securing a database from DMZ traffic
    ... our web servers have sit on our internal network. ... I do not want it to sit the database on the ... DMZ, but I also do not want to allow my DMZ to access the internal ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)