Re: WinVNC

From: John Morten Malerbakken (John.Morten.removethisparttoreply_at_malerbakken.removethiscom)
Date: 04/30/04

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:27:18 GMT

About a year ago I did a demonstration usin ThightVNC from the company
office in Scandinavia to a customer in Bogota, Colombia. The demo was held
in the offices of a major international company. Due to the security policy
of both the home office and the international company, the only way we could
make it work was to use outside ISPs. We could have made it if the security
policies had allowed for a VPN to be set up to my demo-computer, but that
was not possible. We tried every trick in the book, but in the end it was
the use of non-company lines that saved us.

So, look at the possibility to have a VPN set up from the customer site into
the place where the application you want to demonstrate is located. If you
can do that, you can use VNC. (I take it you have already spoken to the
internal computer department about smashing holes in your FW to get in
directly. They normally do not like that.)

John Morten

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Provider-One checkpoint
    ... a Customer Management Add-ons, on a single host, the Multi Domain ... Network Operation Center. ... virtual IP address and maintains a single Customer.s Security Policy. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Remote Automation using Visual Foxpro
    ... it will not easy to convince our customer especially on the ... Perhaps VFP 9 SP1 will be released soon, ... > Microsoft's new security policy, as introduced with SP2 for WinXP, ...