Re: Win 2k/2k3 server - bridging firewall?

From: Lars M. Hansen (badnews_at_hansenonline.net)
Date: 04/25/04

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 07:42:47 -0400

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:34:42 GMT, Antti spoketh

>Hi all!
>
>Is it possible to use a box with Win 2000 or 2003 server as a bridging
>firewall without NAT? The bridging part is quite easy, right? But which
>firewall software can work without NAT? I know this can quite easily be done
>with Linux, bridge utils and for example Shorewall. Is it even possible with
>Windows?
>
>Antti, Finland

Checkpoint FW-1

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

  • Re: do i need a hardware firewall?
    ... Just get some firewall software, ... ICS makes hardware firewalls obsolete. ... hacks for every OS out there, a router with NAT should be everyone's ... The NAT will protect the XP box and it should be installed to help ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Win 2k/2k3 server - bridging firewall?
    ... > which firewall software can work without NAT? ... > Antti, Finland ... You may want to further look at IPsec and the issues with NAT. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)