Re: zonealarm

From: ObiWan (
Date: 04/22/04

    Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:12:39 +0200

    > is it popular for companies to use personal firewall, when
    > there is a perimeter firewall at the internet gateway? If so,
    > how do i implement it, especially when I have remote VPN
    > users.

    Well ... for a task like the above I'd rather use (e.g.)
    the Sygate products in place of ZA, Sygate has a
    product line which includes both the "central gateway"
    firewall as well as "managed personal firewalls" the
    latest are a special flavour of the SPF which allow the
    admin of a network to control/configure each firewall
    as needed, to establish policies and so on; see

    for more details ... uh ... and since I'm at it; I'm NOT related
    with sygate, the above is just an idea, also, there are other
    companies offering similar products; so have a look at the
    above stuff, but look at other solutions too

    • recommendations for a firewall for use as an Internet Gateway
      ... Internet Gateway firewall? ... to 25 computers connected to each VLAN), ... Internet Gateway, complete with NAT functionality, stateful firewall ...
    • Recommendations
      ... I am currently debating what type of firewall to use at my home. ... first a NAT/Firewall as an internet gateway and that is my main concern. ...
    • Best approach for a FreeBSD router / Internet gateway with backup link?
      ... I am using a FreeBSD box as my main internet gateway and firewall. ... Currently, if the DSL link goes down, I have no backup link to the Internet. ... So I was thinking about using a HSDPA modem as a backup internet link for my firewall / internet gateway. ...
    • Re: [SLE] NAT (the solution)
      ... Subject: NAT ... functioning as an Internet Gateway for my LAN. ... I enabled IP Forwarding, checked the IP addresses and the Firewall ...
    • Network, firewall and XP
      ... I just discovered that I don't have the XP firewall ... When I go to Network Connections I ... only see Internet Gateway, Network Bridge, and Wizard. ...