Re: zonealarm

From: ObiWan (anzenNO-SPAM_at_gmx.net)
Date: 04/22/04

    Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:12:39 +0200

    > is it popular for companies to use personal firewall, when
    > there is a perimeter firewall at the internet gateway? If so,
    > how do i implement it, especially when I have remote VPN
    > users.

    Well ... for a task like the above I'd rather use (e.g.)
    the Sygate products in place of ZA, Sygate has a
    product line which includes both the "central gateway"
    firewall as well as "managed personal firewalls" the
    latest are a special flavour of the SPF which allow the
    admin of a network to control/configure each firewall
    as needed, to establish policies and so on; see

    http://www.sygate.com/products/sygate_security_portal.htm

    and

    http://www.sygate.com/products/sygate_secure_enterprise.htm

    for more details ... uh ... and since I'm at it; I'm NOT related
    with sygate, the above is just an idea, also, there are other
    companies offering similar products; so have a look at the
    above stuff, but look at other solutions too