Re: ISA Server and hardware firewalls - which is better

From: Paul Atreides (ardennes_at_free.fr)
Date: 04/21/04

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:38:16 +0200

In article <8jghc.188$tB3.134@newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net>,
ppr5hr@ntlw0rld.c0m says...
> We have an SBS2003 (useing 2 NICs) with ISA server Premium installation
> (Server and 2 desktops) and wish to connect a laptop and a desktop
> wirelessly. Hub is 10baseT.
>
> As I see it we have two choices. One is to connect an access point to the
> hub and use ISA server as the firewall etc or use it for caching and use one
> of these wireless routers with built in firewall. I am not sure which way
> should be go. Which is more secure!!
>
> All comments gratefully received.

Hi,

ISA can give you detailed reports and logs about Web usage. It's also
simple to define rules for permissions and transparent authentication.
It's very easy to use it as a VPN gateway too. For a windows product, it
appears very safe.

--
ICQ# 114297372

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Well it seemed like a good idea...
    ... I need to add a wireless hub to my LAN. ... Wireless router and the firewall. ... addresses and configured the wireless router using that IP address. ...
    (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
  • ISA Server and hardware firewalls - which is better
    ... We have an SBS2003 with ISA server Premium installation ... (Server and 2 desktops) ... Hub is 10baseT. ... of these wireless routers with built in firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Well it seemed like a good idea...
    ... I need to add a wireless hub to my LAN. ... Wireless router and the firewall. ... addresses and configured the wireless router using that IP address. ...
    (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
  • Re: what do i need?
    ... want to share my broadband internet on 6 or 7 pcs what equipment do i need to buy (would a hub or switch after the router do it?)any help is appreciated!!! ... If you decide to connect the firewall to your PC's with a wireless connection, then you don't need a hub. ... If you really want wireless then you can have ethernet + wireless if you are really careful. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc)
  • RE: Wireless access
    ... Well, How about setting your wireless in a complete DMZ off the Firewall, ... and only HTTP traffic can flow out to the internet and nothing else. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
    (Security-Basics)