Re: BEFSX41 -- I give up

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 04/20/04

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:35:20 GMT

SMChristenson <smchris@visi.com> wrote in
news:pan.2004.04.20.15.14.04.365518@visi.com:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:08:21 +0000, Duane Arnold wrote:
>
>>> Seriously thinking at this point that I should have gotten the
>>> Belken on sale and that the Linksys name isn't worth an extra penny.
>>>

>> I don't think it makes any difference for the cheap NAT routers. They
>> all have their problems. :)
>>
>> Duane :)
>
> Could be right. But I sure hate to dedicate some old electricty
> burner to a dedicated linux router for home/soho use. Maybe that's
> what converted Cubes are for?

I have been running with an 11S4 V1 router going on three years now. I
have not had one problem out of it. It may be all in the luck of the
draw. I also think having a UPS also helps protect things such as routers
and modems as they don't like bad power such as spikes on the line from
household appliances.

Duane :)