Re: Port 23230?

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 04/19/04

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 03:03:30 GMT

mrsimpleton@angelfire.com (mrsimpleton) wrote in
news:d8dea9e6.0404181830.36d69709@posting.google.com:

> Any one know what Port 23230 is used for?
> I believe it might be used by some online game but I have no idea
> which one.
> I've tried to look it up in my favorite port list sites and I've done
> searches on the internet for it, to no avail.
>
> I ask because many many different IP numbers from all over the world
> have been trying to access my computer all day on that port. This
> started today after my ISP gave me a new IP number.
>
> I can guess that the previous owner of that IP number ran some sort of
> server or online game server with many many people connected to him.
> Now I got his IP number and his traffic. But again this is only a
> guess.

As long as the FW is setting there protecting the high ports, you should
not be concerned about it. You can always get differnt IP from the ISP,
if it starts to bother you.

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IRC disconnected
    ... I forwarded the port 6667 to my ip address but that didn't work. ... Could it be traffic shaping by your ISP? ... but the thing is that I can download @400 KBps with ... based online game in case you are too young to remember them;)) was ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Port 23230?
    ... Any one know what Port 23230 is used for? ... I can guess that the previous owner of that IP number ran some sort of ... server or online game server with many many people connected to him. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Problems port forwarding on Linksys WRT54G (v3)
    ... For some P2P features in an online game, I am required to forward port ... The port test located at ... I've heard horror stories about v5 of the WRT54G, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Port 23230?
    ... >I've tried to look it up in my favorite port list sites and I've done ... >server or online game server with many many people connected to him. ... disabled ZA and let my computer return closed responses instead of ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • ntoskrnl? sygate?
    ... I'm running sygate freebie home FW, ... to get incoming calls on port 138, and send returns on that port. ... an online game and it will crash, and when I see the desktop the red ... incoming arrow is lit up, and the log invariably shows several such ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)