Re: Sonicwall Experiences

From: W.B (
Date: 04/12/04

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:14:00 -0500

> This is the only firewall system I have used other than Cisco router
> software based stateful inspection, so I don't know how other systems
> compare in a corporate environment, would be interested to know.
> Jim

I had Pro300 with a couple SOHO's. Similar problems as you. Their speed
at EOL'ing products is inexcusable. The only reason I got Sonic in the
first place was we were a RedCreek shop which Sonicwall bought. EOL'd our
RedCreek stuff, offered us a 300 which ended up crashing so much it was
basically unusable. This was 2 years ago, at which time the 300 was their
hot new product. With the investment you put into the things, 3 years to
EOL is laughable.

Went Netscreen and never looked back. Rock solid.