Re: Zonealarm blocking Outlook

From: Kierkecaat (tobe_at_nottobe.org)
Date: 04/10/04

Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:18:16 GMT

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:51:38 +0200, Wolfgang Kueter
<wolfgang@shconnect.de> wrote:

>Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
>
>> I find that Zonealarm is blocking Outlook from sending
>> mail. In Zonealarm I allowed access by Outlook, but
>> it only worked if I shut down Zonealarm completely.
>> Any suggestions?
>
>Simply uninstall the whole crap (Zonealarm and Outlook), while the former is
>useless the latter is one of the most insecure mail clients on this planet.
>
>Wolfgang

OK, Wolfgang, I'll bite. Given that Eudora has been progressing in
fits and starts, with some enduring bugs and is, seeminlgy, a
part-time project, what secure email client for Windows would you
recommend to handle multiple accounts, message filtering, etc?

Thanks, KC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Outlook 2003 cannot send/rec email after MS update KB924085
    ... Did you have to create a rule in Norton firewall (and/or ZoneAlarm) that ... allows Outlook access to the internet? ... would not register any response from the mail servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: ERROR
    ... In the results is KB article 320759 (""The host could not be found" error message when you send or receive messages in Outlook 2000"); ... That article is for Outlook 2000, so it might not be relevant at all to your problem. ... It does however say that the problem can be caused by "Zone Labs firewall software, such as ZoneAlarm". ... What happens when you double-click on the "Error" (in the bottom bar) when it is there? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: XP and ZoneAlarm compatibility issue?
    ... >> Roadrunner and installed Outlook ... >> ZoneAlarm it goes through fine. ... Sending mail is the ... If I turn ZoneAlarm back on after receiving the ...
  • Re: XP and ZoneAlarm compatibility issue?
    ... >> Roadrunner and installed Outlook ... >> ZoneAlarm it goes through fine. ... Sending mail is the ... If I turn ZoneAlarm back on after receiving the ...
  • Re: XP and ZoneAlarm compatibility issue?
    ... > Roadrunner and installed Outlook ... > ZoneAlarm it goes through fine. ... Sending mail is the same ... If I turn ZoneAlarm back on after receiving the ...