Re: BEFSX41 Firmware FYI

From: John Brock (jbrock_at_panix.com)
Date: 03/26/04

Date: 26 Mar 2004 14:07:58 -0500

In article <rQN8c.5439$Hm4.2788@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>,
John <jon@j8k.don> wrote:
>FYI
>
>BEFSX41 - Instant Broadband™EtherFast®Cable/DSL Firewall Router with
>4-Port Switch/VPN EndPoint
>
>Firmware Date : 3/17/2004
>Firmware File Size : 490KB
>Firmware Version : 1.50.9
>
>I just updated.... had to reset some stuff, including my password. It
>seems to be working okay. I use a lot of the default settings, though.

I flashed mine a few days ago and had problems. The upgrade seemed
to be successful, but most connect attempts failed. I had to flash
it several times before the router was usable, and it seems to be
OK now, but I still haven't used it enough to be sure the problems
aren't coming back.

I flashed it in the hope that the 10 minute inactive telnet session
timeouts I'd been seeing would go away, but after an initial test
which seemed positive the timeouts returned. Do you know anything
about this issue?

There was one other thing that seemed odd, but I'm going to ask
about it in a separate post, since I don't know whether this behavior
changed from the previous version.

--
John Brock
jbrock@panix.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 5555 lost wireless
    ... Just curious John. ... Hard reset, and wireless worked. ... Restored the backup, wireless still worked. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: FA: one of those LOTR ball shooter rods
    ... On Dec 8, 2:48 pm, John Robertson wrote: ... Reset has the assembly run backwards until all the reels ... Call 872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Tech:MM Rom Upgrade
    ... John, you probably know that it took me all of 1 week to tire of the ... I upgraded the Rom from 1.00 to 1.09C. ... from 1.09C to 1.09 none of my settings and high scores reset. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: 555 monostable basics
    ... *while it is already triggered by the first pulse, ... the first initial cycle, how ever, you can force a reset of the time ... Intrude? ... Are you leading a multiple life there John? ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)