Cannot get rid of ZONE ALARM

From: Silly String (firewall_a_go_go_at_webtv.net)
Date: 03/22/04

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:29:41 -0500 (EST)

I downloaded a trial version of Zone Alarm pro and now I can't turn it
off or uninstall it. The problem I am having, is that there are a group
of organized cretins who have managed to gain remote control of my
computer. I know this because among many things, my zone alarm password
was changed while I left the computer on at night. They disenabling my
norton virus scanner, corrupted files etc. Not only that but ebay was
placed as a trusted zone (whatever thats worth) now the trial period is
up and I have 0 days to evaluate it, and it is still running and not
allowing me to connect to AOL, yahoo chat, etc. I am on webtv now
because webtv is safe and unhackable but I would like to also use my
computer. I can't uninstall zone alarm because it wants a password I
don't have. For the record I did find zone alarm to be fantastic,
amazing really, and would be willing to purchase it but I need to get
rid of the trial version first. What say the gurus here? How should I
procceed? Also can anyone ell me if by disconnecting my keyboard and
mouse I will be able to thwart anyone who wants to use my computer
remotely while I am asleep and the computer is running?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: zone alarm and OE
    ... On restarting my machine to complete the installation, Zone Alarm seemed OK ... update installed and ZA working (had to manually uninstall zonealarm 5.5). ... Photoshop and adjust my audio track in Adobe Audition. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Cant access Windows Update, no error code
    ... There are many situations where Zone Alarm does *not* uninstall correctly. ... Check the Services console to see if there is still a Zone Alarm service still present. ... ALL Critical Security updates that MS issues can be found somewhere on the MS site. ... Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls - Enable ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Word has stopped working.....
    ... I'll admit that I have been bothered by Zone Alarm too and every year I say ... "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: ... the installation went to a certain point where it ... I got a couple of surprises with the uninstall, ...
  • Re: Cant change home page, read others post
    ... add-remove program or if the software had a uninstall option I used it. ... Lavasoft Ad-Aware free edition anti spyware ... Ewido free edition anti spyware ... Zone Alarm free edition ...
  • Re: Resolution and Thanks
    ... the Zone Alarm uninstall doesn't work very ... As a matter of fact, it didn't seem to uninstall much at all, ... Please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroups so all can benefit. ... Microsoft Windows MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services Security Is Like An Onion, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)