Re: LAN-side of D-Link DI-604

From: Mike (mwryder_at_tpg.com.au)
Date: 03/12/04

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:01:36 +0800

This is just a stab in the dark, but is the router in transparent bridge
mode.

The modem / router models (the DSL range) from d-link are shipped with this
setting enabled. In transparent bridge mode, the device is designed to talk
to only one computer and will not pass packets across a LAN effectively.

You wouldn't normally expect this setting for a dedicated router, but it
just
may be a coincidence.

Give it a go anyway......

"Graham" <glwe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have seen a lot of posts on this but I am not sure if the answer was
> there or just that I did not understand it.
>
> I have 3 Win2000 sp4 PCs connected to the ethernet broadband router
> each can access the internet and each can ping the 604 and addesses on
> the Internet. None of them can ping each other though they show in
> "Computers Near Me". I dont have DNS so I am always using the actual
> IP address.
>
> The router rus DHCP and allocates the addresses within the range I
> want which the PCs DO pick up and they all have the same sub-net and
> workgroup name.
>
> Each PC has IP, MS Client for Networks, File & Printer Sharing and
> NETBIOS across TCP enabled.
>
> I have done this a dozen times, unprofessionally, using ethernet hubs.
> It is almost like the router allows the packets to go through it but
> not "sideways". There's technospeak.
>
> Any advice would be welcome.
>
> Graham

Relevant Pages

  • Re: LAN-side of D-Link DI-604
    ... > This is just a stab in the dark, but is the router in transparent bridge ... In transparent bridge mode, the device is designed to talk ... Computer Browser service enabled. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: want to hire a consultant for helping with new homebased fireaall appliance device
    ... > Then you would need to set both up in transparent bridge mode... ... I already have a firewall that is very reliable. ... > router create conflicts? ... > you could set the XiNCOM router in transparent bridge mode to disable ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: want to hire a consultant for helping with new homebased fireaall appliance device
    ... Transparent Bridged mode. ... Then you would need to set both up in transparent bridge mode... ... Will my XiNCOM ... router create conflicts? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Networking problem
    ... machine 2# HP Z8000 laptop xp media center on board lan and 802.11 windows firewall off. ... router linksys befw11s4 ... Network activity lights flash on the router on the port in use. ... I finally got it to the point that from the desktop i can ping the ip ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot get IP address from Router DHCP
    ... > - I can ping both the preferred and alternate DNS servers from the ... > Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: ... > the router by typing its address on a browser but I cannot get to the ... >> What DNS server did you assign? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)