Re: Blocking Sharepoint Services with iptables

From: NeoSadist (neosad1st_at_charter.net)
Date: 03/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 06:35:16 -0700

Mickstar wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has blocked or knows how to block traffic to
> sharepoint services via iptables?
>
> Thanks in advance

You can try finding out what ports it uses and block those.
You can try finding the servers and block all those.
You can also try finding the protocol it uses and block that after adding it
to /etc/services file.

--
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
                -- Harry S Truman

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IPTABLES: Per erfolgreichem SSH Login Ports =?iso-8859-15?Q?=F6ffnen?=
    ... Also sollen weitere Ports z.B. nur mit dem korrekten Keyfile ... Entkopple doch den Teil, der iptables aufruft, von dem teil, der ... wenn sich jemand per ssh einloggt. ... kommandos absetzt und keinen User-input entgegen nimmt. ...
    (de.comp.security.firewall)
  • Re: is it rational to close the 139 port
    ... You use iptables to reject all connections. ... the services on ports 22 and 80 become unavailable, ... Aptitude in particular will install extra packages that you don't need or want. ... Maybe you are running World of Warcraft under WINE, and installing it opens up port 3724. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: iptables syntax error
    ... in which I have the iptables binary in the source code .I then copy the ... then source ports below 512 will be mapped to other ports below 512: ... # Difference between SNAT and MASQUERADE? ... # connections will survive a reconnect. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: iptables syntax error
    ... in which I have the iptables binary in the source code .I then copy the ... then source ports below 512 will be mapped to other ports below 512: ... # Difference between SNAT and MASQUERADE? ... # connections will survive a reconnect. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: [kde] Im feeling paranoid - with good reason.
    ... There should be a script in /etc/rc.d/init.d that starts iptables and loads ... the ruleset in /etc/sysconfig/iptables. ... Things like suse2 firewall. ... Check for open ports by running nmap localhost. ...
    (KDE)