Re: SpyBot vs. PestPatrol

From: Peter (please.reply_at_to.this.ng)
Date: 03/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:53:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:41:36 -0800, Big Will
<SPAMWSPAMiSPAMlSPAMlSPAMBSPAM4SPAMeSPAMvSPAAAAAMeSPAMMITTYrSPAAAAAM@nIeDONTtLIKEzSPAMero.net>
wrote:

>eugenio.v wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody, forgive me for my trivial question
>> I was just wondering if PestPatrol is much better than SpyBot or if they
>> are more or less the same.
>> What would you use?
>> Thanks
>>
>They're both free, so why not try them both. But don't overlook
>Lavasoft AdAware (which in my experience seems to have updates more
>frequently then Spybot S&D). I'm using both Lavasoft and Spybot,
>haven't really tried Pest Patrol, though.

Hi SpyBot experts!

I have been a (Paid up) devotee of PestPatrol fo quite a while.
Because of the nice things said, in this thread, about SpyBot I have
downloaded, updated and run it within the last hour. I am
impressed. It detected (alleged) nasty things that PestPatrol had
not.

But, and here is the question needing SpyBot experience, please how
do I tell what the program is scanning? I may have missed it but I
saw no indication and I am left wondering whether it just scans the
C: drive. I have worked my way through the settings. Have I missed
an option to select which partitions will be scanned?

TIA

Peter

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SpyBot vs. PestPatrol
    ... forgive me for my trivial question ... >>I was just wondering if PestPatrol is much better than SpyBot or if they ... Mandrake and a SiS 315 graphics card that could not be correctly ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: SpyBot vs. PestPatrol
    ... >> I have been a devotee of PestPatrol fo quite a while. ... >> Because of the nice things said, in this thread, about SpyBot I have ... >status bar at the bottom of the page. ... be an indicator of what is being scanned but more an indicator of ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Critical and Urgent!!!
    ... I can second that on PestPatrol, yet I still run 5 spyware ... I have Spyguard, Spyblaster, Spybot ... Search & Destroy, PestPatrol and GuardBar. ... >A better trojan remover is Pest Patrol. ...
  • Re: OT:Webhancer
    ... "CWatters" wrote in message ... > The latest versions of Adaware, PestPatrol and Spybot S&D all seem ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Am I compromised? Pest Patrol & Spybot S&D Disagree
    ... > Spybot does not find these pests. ... > Should I manually remove the keys? ... PestPatrol generates too many false alerts. ... If you use, say, SpywareBlaster to insert kill entries (which prevent ...
    (microsoft.public.security)