Re: SpyBot vs. PestPatrol

From: Peter (please.reply_at_to.this.ng)
Date: 03/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:53:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:41:36 -0800, Big Will
<SPAMWSPAMiSPAMlSPAMlSPAMBSPAM4SPAMeSPAMvSPAAAAAMeSPAMMITTYrSPAAAAAM@nIeDONTtLIKEzSPAMero.net>
wrote:

>eugenio.v wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody, forgive me for my trivial question
>> I was just wondering if PestPatrol is much better than SpyBot or if they
>> are more or less the same.
>> What would you use?
>> Thanks
>>
>They're both free, so why not try them both. But don't overlook
>Lavasoft AdAware (which in my experience seems to have updates more
>frequently then Spybot S&D). I'm using both Lavasoft and Spybot,
>haven't really tried Pest Patrol, though.

Hi SpyBot experts!

I have been a (Paid up) devotee of PestPatrol fo quite a while.
Because of the nice things said, in this thread, about SpyBot I have
downloaded, updated and run it within the last hour. I am
impressed. It detected (alleged) nasty things that PestPatrol had
not.

But, and here is the question needing SpyBot experience, please how
do I tell what the program is scanning? I may have missed it but I
saw no indication and I am left wondering whether it just scans the
C: drive. I have worked my way through the settings. Have I missed
an option to select which partitions will be scanned?

TIA

Peter