Re: IPCOP vs a Linksys Router

From: E. (laughing_at_you.now)
Date: 03/10/04

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:58:59 GMT

ObiWan wrote:

>>Linux:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Con's:
>>Takes a full PC space in the cabinet.
>>Can be noisy due to fans.
>>No formal vendor support or warranty (tho the forums are often *better*
>>than commercial support)
>
> <snip>
>
> Have a look at the link below please :-)
>
> http://linitx.com/index.php?cPath=4&osCsid=e3d75844ea63faba8c369d0fddbc8357
>
> and.. no, I'm not related to linitx at all, the
> above is just an example (there are more)
> btw you may as well want to build your own
> in such a case look at this second link
>
> http://www.lex.com.tw/index1.htm
>
> so... little space, no moving parts ... ;-) ..

Didn't look at the links, but I'm assuming it's the IPCop-on-ITX-Box
stuff. I'll have a squizz later tho.
Also seen it where it loads from a flash card - no fan noise, no HDD noise.
E.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PB 12" overheating issue
    ... it's so demanding) will fire up fans. ... I used to be fanatical about fan noise when my 12" Powerbook and I ... the back of the machine with a 'bruise bag' from the freezer. ... commercial "laptop rising" solutions, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.portables)
  • Re: Vostro - Noisy Fan at boot
    ... The computer is simply doing its job of testing the fans ... fan noise when the computer boots up. ... Do you keep rebooting the computer to show your friends how noisy it is when it ... The Dimension 2400 lacked the startup fan checking algorithms, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: play want bin and, if you want, expense. 11 April 11
    ... see if I have enough spare cash after the next payday. ... Gigabyte have one with dual fans which ... What's the fan noise like? ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Linux driver on OpenBSD
    ... I have a DL380 server with OpenBSD4.2 installed. ... after OS had booted the fans ... There is no drop off in fan noise. ... design software or drivers for the server running OpenBSD. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: Toshiba P25-S670 - noisy?
    ... I suppose the fans can rightfully be ... considered somewhat noisy but the sound has never bothered me at all. ... I can't say that about the fan noise but I just live with it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)