SnapGear SME 550/IPCop/Smoothwall etc..

From: t00f (t00f_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/07/04

Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:11:19 -0600

I am looking to connect a central office and 4 smaller offices together via
IPSec and had my mind made up on either IPCop or Smoothwall but came across
SnapGear prooducts. I was trying to get more information on it and appears
to be embedded linux, which if fine. Thing that concerns me is it appears
the rules are command line and I wanted someone to verify if it is indeed
that. I don't mind making the rules via SSH but I am concerned about this
being the only way to create rules and handing it off to the client without
an easy way for their admin to modify the firewall.

Anyway, is this the case? I liked the idea of using SnapGear because of the
price and warranty, but IPCop or Smoothwall and pretty easy to use and
maintain.

TIA

---