Re: fighting fire with fire as an approach to better network security?!?!?

From: Ford Prefect (restaurant_at_end.universe)
Date: 03/07/04

Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:39:50 GMT

technocrat wrote:
> I don't want to influence a discussion on way or the other, but this
> is a really interesting approach to network security. So, check out…
>
> http://www.symbiot.com
>
> Basically, a company in Austin, Texas is claiming that at the end of
> the month they will launch a product that: "can both repel hostile
> attacks on enterprise networks and accurately identify the attackers
> in order to plan and execute appropriate countermeasures –
> effectively fighting fire with fire."
>
> The press release is interesting, but the white paper is a little bit
> of a rough read. The website only has these two items for download so
> there isn't a ton of detail. However, it's worth checking out...

Interesting set of "qualifications" for the "executive" team....

"serial entrepreneur"? "IBM Master Inventor"?
..what kind of trendy, meaningless dot-bomb era titles are those...

... love the "certified security expert"... member of HTCIA (so he
pays his annual dues...) mentions (ISC)2 but doesn't say he has a
CISSP or SSCP designation... funny that....

Relevant Pages