Re: Firewall for broadband

From: Dave Wallman (noemail_at_noemail.com)
Date: 03/05/04

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:03:48 -0000

Zone alarm is very good and it's free. Get it here www.download.com
"Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1ab2a572676d393498a2c5@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <4048cfe1$0$10148$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
> kerplunk@SPAMgreenday.freeserve.co.uk says...
> > I am about to get broadband and my PC will be connected 24/7 to the
> > internet. I want to install a firewall that will keep me as safe as is
> > possible and will not be to intrusive or need much technical set-up.
> > Can anybody suggest what I should look at using.
> > thanks
>
> If you purchase a Linksys or Dlink Cable Modem Router with NAT (some
> even have a pseudo firewall in them) you will be well protected against
> "uninvited" guests.
>
> --
> --
> spamfree999@rrohio.com
> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How can I kill IE?!?!?!!?
    ... > popups. ... including its firewall. ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... Empty your Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files and make sure the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: what configuration can block most of the attacks form hacker and trojan?
    ... > using cable modem with built in firewall. ... > I have also installed norton antivirus and zone alarm for security. ... (Scan for updates, Review and Install) ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ...
  • Re: Firewall and IP forwarding
    ... But how then I suppose to test connectivity through future FireWall computer ... before I install NAT comming with this FireWall? ... > You cannot route private addresses through the Internet. ... >> interface of FW machine to test the connection from inner LAN to the ...
  • Re: Unwanted XXX Favorites Added to My List
    ... > every time I go on the internet. ... I will assume a "Windows" operating system is what is ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ... Did I mention you have to not only install this software, ...
  • Re: SETTING HOMEPAGE
    ... I have installed Norton Internet ... install several of them, update them regularly and scan with them when you ... disable your Windows Messenger service. ... by the normal home user and in cooperation with a good firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)