Re: Problem with exposing a web server through an ADSL Router/Modem/Firewall

From: E. (laughing_at_you.now)
Date: 03/04/04

Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:42:48 GMT

Felix Collins wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been trying to expose an Apache 2.0 web server through an ADSL
> router/modem/firewall. Router has a fixed IP. I've opened port 80 and
> 443 (and forwarded to my web server machine) and the Apache install is
> listening on port 80 and 443. I can view the web page via Http and
> Https from the internal network direct to the machine name of the
> server. However, when I try to use the fixed IP of the router the
> request times out. The apache set up is running on Win2K Server. Anyone
> got any other ideas about how to make it work? Or how to check where the
> request is getting to.
>
> Cheers,
> Felix

Are you sure its a router issue and not a hosts.allow thingy type issue?
E.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: apache question
    ... # Based upon the NCSA server configuration files originally by Rob McCool. ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ... Directives that control the operation of the Apache server process as ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
    ... The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI ... under user IDs different from the user ID of the calling web server. ... Normally php and cgi scripts are not allowed to read files with the ... because the php script is run trough suEXEC. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
    ... The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI ... under user IDs different from the user ID of the calling web server. ... Normally php and cgi scripts are not allowed to read files with the ... because the php script is run trough suEXEC. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Apache and SSL
    ... # Based upon the NCSA server configuration files originally by Rob McCool. ... # This is the main Apache server configuration file. ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose IIS. ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to create good web forms in. ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on a PC but if you only use PHP why not use Apache for Windows. ...
    (alt.php)