Help-how do i configure my WinXP firewall for msn file sharing??

From: Deborah Micallef (debrasutek_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: 03/02/04

Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:39:00 -0500

running WinXP pro, which has a firewall enabled. i cant send or receive any
files without disabling it manually. have tried changing the security
setting from med to low, but still no luck, so want to try to open the
port(s) that msn functions on, have no clue where to look for this or how to
do it. any help would be appreciated.

celtic mist
Ontario, Canada

Relevant Pages

  • Disabling Delete
    ... Is there anyway of disabling the delete button when you ... visual basic .Net but i cant seem to find it. ... remove the delete option without going into security ... permissions. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SSL 2.0
    ... this is the classic tradeoff between compatibility and security. ... by default from Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 Server. ... may look at the instructions for disabling SSL3 and SSL3.5 and say ...
  • Re: lets vote for better security
    ... Liberals and security professionals who occassionally wear a black hat. ... Then MSFT started disabling things by default and a lot of the community ... Since when is an app responsible for the ... :>: default installation and be disable-able by Group Policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Need help with securing a local workstation
    ... I suggest you also change the ntfs permissions ... setting as disabling the command prompt for instance can cause batch files ... components/Windows Explorer to hide and disable drives, ... Depending on your security ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Cant disable firewall in XP SP2
    ... I access the FW control thru control panel which is the ... same app as the one accessed from the Security Center. ... I followed Steve Bruce's suggestion and tried disabling ... disabling the firewall there also had no effect. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)