HELP - MS Firewall Client Kills LAN Access

From: Jakob Outzen (outzen_at_post6.tele.dk)
Date: 02/26/04

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:03:05 GMT

Have just introduced ISA server (integrated mode) on local subnet in
W2003 serv / W2K client AD environment. DHCP and DNS Server (DC)
connected to subnet. ISA server is default gateway. Configured DHCP
with 252 option (proxy and firewall client setup), and client browser
configured to auto discover (via group policy). When installing
firewall client, and rebooting - machine cannot access LAN (Domain not
available) - when doing ipconfig, dhcp and dns server ip registred
correctly, however clients configured with ip 0.0.0.0
When removing firewall client software, client machines receives their
ip address and can access resources through ISA server.
Looks like ISA server prevents clients from receiving their ip
address! Can anybody help ?
regards
Jakob

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Problem with Direct Access in ISA Server 2004
    ... enter the name of the site that you want Direct Access to be used. ... ISA Server dialog box when the test completes, ... in the Microsoft Firewall Client for ISA Server 2004 dialog box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA 2006 Proxy + Media Streaming
    ... Is this the only solution to install the firewall client? ... Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/1/8/918ed2d3-71d0-40ed-8e6d- ... ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)
  • RE: ISA 2004 FW Client
    ... you can still use the Firewall Client for ISA Server 2000 in an ISA ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Stop an application from using my internet connection
    ... ISA has the ability to block an application traffic by using firewall client ... ISA server is not a right tool to fight the viruses. ... > But when I search on internet I found this description for a virus its ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • RE: Force use of ISA Firewall Client
    ... You see three types of ISA 2004 firewall clients in ISA console, ... the system will use Web Proxy ... protocols, this need Firewall client. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)