Re: ICMP Type 3

From: Lilla (lilla_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 02/26/04

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:43:39 GMT

Same is happening here.
I use Kerio 2.1.5, and earthlink dialup. WinXP.
I let ICMP 3 Out to my ISP's DNS servers only.
I list the ISP's DNS servers as a "Custom Address Group", ie remote address
= "Custom Addresses".

There was a long discussion about this way back when I was using 2.1.4 on
Win98.
The conclusion was that ultimately it doesn't really matter whether you
Allow or Deny this activity, but they thought that it could be speedier if
you Allowed it, because it you denied it the ISP will (or might?) request it
again. Or, something like that.

Anyway, I let it thorough.

Lilla