Re: svchost.exe connect port 80 and 443

From: Big Will (spamWspamispamlspamlspamBspam4spamespamvspaaaammespammityrspam_at_nidontlikespamet)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:58:15 -0800

Pedro wrote:
> Micheal Robert Zium <mrozium@XSPAMX-yahoo.com> wrote in
>

>>Pedro wrote:
>>

>>>Hello.
>>>
>>>I was trying Frontpage 2003 for the first time and saved one simple
>>>htm page to my the default folder in Windows XP...My Documents\My Web
>>>Sites. Later when I opened the same with Frontpage it showed something
>>>like this in the middle:
>>>"frontpage function Homepage(){ <!-- // in real bits, urls get
>>>returned to our script like this: // res://shdocvw.dll/http_
>>>404.htm#http://www.DocURL.com/bar.htm //For testing use Do"
>>>
>>>Anyway I deleted the document, and now I opened the Sygate Personal
>>>Firewall and see something which I think wasn't there before. In
>>>Running Applications - Connection Details two of the various
>>>svchost.exe files are with the status CONNECT, one in local port:1076
>>>and remote port:80; the other in local port:1079 and remote port:443.
>>>In IP Adress I have: 0.0.0.0->207.46.245.126 (which isn't my IP
>>>adress) in both instances. Is this normal, or is it some kind of hack?
>>>
>>>Thanks for reading.
>>
>>Ummmm...it just Windows Update. Nothing to worry about, I guess.
>

> Err, you're probably right. I did a whois with that IP and it is from
> microsoft. But generally when windows update is working it pops up a small
> window telling me what updates are ready for download, etc. Maybe i'm just
> too paranoid. ;)
>
> Since i'm on it what are good websites and/or applications to check what ip
> adresses are from or where are they located?
>

> -Pedro Tiago
My favorite is whois.cyberabuse.org

--
William
If it don't work, hit it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Arranging programs list in alphbetical order
    ... I am sorry you are hitting this issue. ... This does not seem like a Windows Update ... Perhaps these other newsgroups would be more helpful: ... > Microsoft Intellipoint with the intellimouse optical USB mouse with the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: .NET installation failure - Win XP
    ... Which version of Windows Update are you hitting, ... When I go to Windows Update, ... installing .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 earlier and the installation ... > Curiouser and curiouser. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup)
  • Re: No Date shown
    ... "Mike D", ... I'm sorry that you are hitting this problem. ... to be a Windows Update issue. ... Perhaps the following newsgroups would be a ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Unable to reach Windows Update.
    ... Just double-checking that you're hitting the right site - ... the "Welcome bar". ... Do you see "Welcome to Windows Update" and a link 3 ... Do you get any error messages at all? ...