Re: zone alarm pro 4.5.x bug

From: charlie R (welpctSKIPME_at_psci.net)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:51:19 -0500

Look for the link to the ZoneLabs User Forums inside the Help Files.
charlie R

"adf" <asdfwlkjsdd@lkjadsf.serseee> wrote in message
> i bought a 5-user license for this version & have hit a really
annoying bug,
> confirmed across several users/machines.
>
> I run a Win2K Server SP4 VPN server (PPTP) at the office. I also
use
> Win2K's offline folders feature, so whether or not I'm connected, i
have my
> drive mappings & those folders/files I've selected appearing as
though I am.
> The files get synced when i connect.
>
> when I connect to the VPN from my Win2K Pro SP4 system with ZAPro
running, i
> only see cached copies of any server that I have offline files from.
All
> others are OK. The easiest way to demonstrate is to run a "net view
> \\servername" at a prompt while connected. I should see a list of
all
> shared resources on that server, printers & all. And I do for most
of them.
> But if i have offline files on a particular server, i will only see
those
> shares i have offline files from. The only way to see all the
shares &
> truly authenticate & connect to others is to disable ZAPro. I might
be able
> to connect & sync a file or a few, but invariably it craps out &
says i'm
> offline again. It's just very flaky & will not stay
> connected/authenticated. Shut it down & i'm fine; re-enable it &
i'm
> screwed again.
>
> like i said, if i'm not using a particular server for offline files,
i have
> no problem connecting, enumerating shares, & accessing files. It
works the
> way it's supposed to work.
>
> this is quite annoying, because it essentially means i must disable
my
> firewall if i want a reliable connection & want to sync my files
over VPN...
> anyone know how to report these things to ZoneLabs? It's very
simple for
> someone to reproduce.
>
> i just got my key & have tried only with 4.5.538 and 4.5.538.001.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why do Apple Mail accounts go off-line spontaneously?
    ... Jolly Roger wrote: ... Barry Margolin wrote: ... Yahoo is notoriously bad for this, and I see it going offline ... That will happen if connecting to the server fails. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Only one pc goes offline randomly
    ... Also I've checked the server and there are no errors in the event log ... errors relating to connecting the other pc's on the network. ... while the pc is "offline" I can still browse and my remote desktop ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Why do Apple Mail accounts go off-line spontaneously?
    ... Yahoo is notoriously bad for this, and I see it going offline almost ... The few times I've seen mobileme being down, ... That will happen if connecting to the server fails. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • zone alarm pro 4.5.x bug
    ... Win2K's offline folders feature, so whether or not I'm connected, i have my ... only see cached copies of any server that I have offline files from. ... But if i have offline files on a particular server, ... no problem connecting, enumerating shares, & accessing files. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Offline Synchronisation Problem
    ... on my laptop I have a network drive which I have made offline available. ... when I was connecting to the network from outside over a VPN, ... synchronisation failed and since I get the following error message: ... I already tried to disconect the network, to undo the offline availibility, ...