Re: How can I stop p2p clients, eg WinMx, Kazza using ftwall in my company?

From: Wes Groleau (groleau+news_at_freeshell.org)
Date: 02/22/04

Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:47:14 -0500

Leythos wrote:
>>A local TV investigator would be the way to go. Once it hits the public view
>>all hell will break loose....
>
> But the IT manager needs to make sure that he's documented the problem
> to his supervisors and needs to ensure that he has a copy of the
> documentation.

Indeed. Because it doesn't matter that the IT manager
was trying to put a stop to it--when the bosses feel
the heat, they look for someone to blame. They fire
the IT guy and say "Arrest him; it was his job to
stop it!"

--
Wes Groleau
-----------

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How can I stop p2p clients, eg WinMx, Kazza using ftwall in my company?
    ... Once it hits the public view ... But the IT manager needs to make sure that he's documented the problem ... documentation. ... Most government offices, that abuse their on-line time in the office, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: equivalent
    ... >>> starting to understand what I'm doing you go and confuse the hell out of ... >>> to documentation, and then you go and contradict the damn documentation! ... JC> Indirect Object Syntax from perlobj again later, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: page "hit" counter
    ... Scott Johnson wrote: ... Read the documentation for mysql_query again especially the arguments. ... using mysqli_* - see the warning at the top of the documentation page. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: equivalent
    ... starting to understand what I'm doing you go and confuse the hell out of ... I spend a lot of my time in this group reading that I should refer ... to documentation, and then you go and contradict the damn documentation! ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Error 1301 in German Visio
    ... Why the hell does it work in the English version of Visio 2003 ... clue in the MS documentation. ... It would be useful beyond belief to have a list of reserved words in ... all the different Visio language variants. ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.developer)