SnapGear 575 and SMTP

From: Dean (songtech_at_sportingnews.com)
Date: 02/21/04

Date: 20 Feb 2004 19:42:42 -0800

Have a new SnapGear 575 that works great but...

I can pass everything I need where I need it except SMPT from outside
server gets 30 second delay comming back in on initial negotiation.
The only way I have been able to avoid it is with a full NAT and
packet filtering from a test computer to the SMPT server. I can't see
having 70+ full NATS just for SMTP!

Anyone had similar trouble with this firewall?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: EBS 2008, TMG and external firewall. Dont want double NAT
    ... This is done because Exchange is bound to the internal interface and leaves the external interface to be *completely* controlled by TMG...a good security guideline by the way. ... If you are disabling NAT then you'll need to change this from a publishing rule to an access rule, but it should still work fine. ... The first is an access rule allows traffic from the internal IP to the external interface and to the messaging server ... One of the default rules is an "internet access for all users" that allows http and https by default. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: L2TP/IPSec Verbindung läuft mit XP SP2 nicht mehr
    ... In XPSP2 the IPsec driver needs a registry setting when either the ... server or workstation are behind a NAT gateway. ... 1- Client initiates to a server that is behind the NAT ... > Peer Private Addr ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.networking)
  • Re: EBS 2008, TMG and external firewall. Dont want double NAT
    ... but didn't find it (searched this server for business, ... security level tool that comes with feature pack 1 if you set the ... disable NAT. ... I forward from the firewall to the internal interface it works (external ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: EBS 2008, TMG and external firewall. Dont want double NAT
    ... but didn't find it (searched this server for business, ... security level tool that comes with feature pack 1 if you set the ... disable NAT. ... I forward from the firewall to the internal interface it works (external ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: NAT and AD
    ... addresses on 4 server and 50 PCs and having all my applications work without ... SQL and web apps work just fine from my NAT clients. ... I can browse the AD printers from a NAT client using the "Add Printer ...