Re: Anyone have experience with Fortinet Firewalls?

From: Pascal Duchemin (pascal_at_duchemin.org)
Date: 02/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:47:55 -0500

Hello,

We are kind of in the same situation. And are planning on getting a
fortigate or a Safe@office from checkpoint.

Does the fortigate allows to pass through port 80 and 443 ( I will need to
publish a web site that will be on my LAN ) ?
What are the VPN performances ?

If you ever have worked with a safe@office , what would you suggest ?

Thanks

"Manuel Martin" <nuruce@ferber-software.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:19:59 GMT, <flcooter@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > We are looking to put in a fortigate FG60 firewall from Fortinet and
> > was looking for anyone that has had experience with the units and
> > company. We are looking at this to replace a Sonicwall Soho3. The
> > FG60 has 2 wan ports with failover and AV in the hardware. The maint
> > seems a bit high 25%/yr but it is supposed to be good. Any advice or
> > help appreciated.
>
> we have one in place. If you have specific questions, ask! (I don't know
> the Soho3, though.)
>
> bye, mm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Anyone have experience with Fortinet Firewalls?
    ... And are planning on getting a ... > fortigate or a Safe@office from checkpoint. ... the time to learn how to setup one ground up". ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Auditing Firewalls
    ... NGX-R60 is not from Fortinet but from Checkpoint. ... Fortigate NGX-R60 and Sidewinder. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Ride Across The Country: Some Friends Need Places To Stay.
    ... cure for Diabetes. ... Check out their web site if you're interested in hosting your lawn or ... and a body in motion tends to stay in motion. ... they're not planning on doing that non-stop.... ...
    (alt.mountain-bike)
  • Re: E-Meter?
    ... > Death to Smoochy wrote: ... >>Does anybody know of a web site that publishes the design parameters of the ... Planning on going into business building them yourself? ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Hey peoples!
    ... I dug out my old apple IIc today and I'm planning on ... I uploaded 8 disk images of IIc specific disks ... to my web site. ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)