Re: firewall advice

From: Rheem (rheem_at_fulboar.net)
Date: 02/19/04

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:41:55 GMT

In article <40344b80$1@darkstar>,
spamWspamispamlspamlspamBspam4spamespamvspaaaammespammityrspam@nidontlikespametzero.net says...
> Max M.Wachtel III wrote:
>
> > In news:403400eb$1@darkstar,
> > Big Will
> > <spamWspamispamlspamlspamBspam4spamespamvspaaaammespammityrspam@nidontlikesp
> > ametzero.net> typed:
> >
> >>Hi all. Does anyone know if there are free firewalls that would allow
> >>me to make firewall rules allowing access to only certain ports. I
> >>was using NIS 2003, but was having issues with it, and am currently
> >>using ZoneAlarm free edition and the XP ICF.
> >

> > I use Sygate with XP ICF-no problem
> > -max
> Thanx. Sygate has the features I'm looking for in their free addition.

Unofficial Help:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/i/k/ikpe/SygateBasics.html
(This site has two parts: Sygate Basics and Sygate Basics
Part 2. Click on the button to toggle between the two)

Sygate Forums:
http://forums.sygate.com/vb/

Users Guide and Quick Start Guide:
http://smb.sygate.com/support/documents/pspf/default.htm

Compare SPF Pro and SPF (See what's inside each one)
http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/comparison_spf.htm

d/l
http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php

  • Re: What does a firewall do?
    ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Are these products (Sygate Personal ... > Firewall Pro & Sygate Personal Firewall) very expensive? ... > Security Policy Customization sounds good, but, in practice, who's going to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Whats the best to use?
    ... Internet security is one thing I wish to ... Sygate, it will take some learning about ports, protocols, ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Compare SPF Pro and SPF Free ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Best Free Firewall??
    ... This will help you find your way around in Sygate: ... Sygate Basics and Sygate Basics ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Compare SPF Pro and SPF ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Sygate
    ... > access to an FTP server other than 2 ip addresses ... > with Sygate Personal firewall. ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Compare SPF Pro and SPF Free ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: New Firewall
    ... >> I have tried a dusin af firewalls and I found out, that Kerio perform very ... Here is the story on Sygate: ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Compare SPF Pro and SPF ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)