Re: Opera Browser

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 02/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:05:40 GMT

In article <5x9Wb.1248$MW3.11951326@news-text.cableinet.net>,
someone@NOTHANKS.com says...
> For all the hype about online banking having security holes. I think they
> take security very serious. Every bank that provides online banking has
> Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking.
>
> Going by this, banks would seem to consider IE's security to be 'OK'

Actually, the client side has nothing to do with Security of the Banking
site. The servers and their programming are secure, it's the end-users
computer and browser that may be in questions.

MS made it so damn easy to provide sites with custom and rich
functionality for people using IE. Not only that, but the other browsers
have (and had) to many quirks that required custom programming in order
to make the site work with them - I remember having to code for 4
different browsers in order to get tables to work correctly :)

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)